Wednesday, October 27, 2010

First Roast Chicken!


So I've done a few turkeys for special occasions, but when I came across this recipe by the Barefoot Contessa today on foodnetwork.com I knew it would be... wait for it... chicken tonight! :)


I love to find great base recipes online and make little (or sometimes big) changes. In this case I just cut up some carrots that I had in the fridge and added them to the roast. After simmering in the lemon garlic for an hour and a half they were perfectly sweet and amazing. A terrific snack while my fiance carved the chicken!


Bottom line, I'm so proud of myself for creating an amazing dinner by following a few steps and not being afraid to try something I hadn't done before. Sure, cleaning the chicken and removing the 'giblets' was a bit unpleasant, but the result was well worth it :)

1 comment:

  1. So cute! Love this post. I bet the chicken tasted sooo good!

    ReplyDelete