Friday, December 3, 2010

The Nail Polish Project

Two fridays ago, on November 19th, I went out to get a manicure with my girlfriends Ashley and Libby. Libby and I both decided to the new gel nail polish that is guaranteed to last 2 weeks. The manicure cost $10 more than a regular manicure and was a very different experience! After each nail polish coat we had to put our nails under the black light (UV?) for 2 minutes. After the final coat had set for 2 minutes, they wiped down your nails and they were 100% dry - no more leaving the nail salon with wet nails!

I was suspicious about how long the polish would stay on without chipping so I decided to document it. Overall, the polish is similar to having cement on your nails and feels very strong. Here is the progress (nail color is "Linkin Park After Dark" and I used the PSA Essentials Stamps for documenting):

I was really impressed with how these held up. They took a good beating during Thanksgiving and with some yardwork. Definitely recommend trying it out for yourself! Only downsides - your nails grow out fairly quickly in 2 weeks and you have to go back to the nail salon to get the polish removed.

3 comments:

  1. Haha, you can totally see how fast your nails grow in this experiment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've never heard of this but i'm sold! very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. dude... i peeled mine off last night.... my nails are a WRECK. They look sooooo bad. I think there was some glue or something and it tore the nail top off - they loook so unhealthy. I think i should have had them do it.

    Great post! Did you use PSA stamps to document the days?

    ReplyDelete