Monday, November 22, 2010

You Say Crostada...

I saw an episode of "Secrets of a Restaurant Chef" with Anne Burrell on the Food Network a few months ago where she made a Swiss Chard & Ricotta Crostada. I had never made my own dough before and she made the whole process look very simple. So one Saturday morning, before we hit the beach with some friends, I prepped everything so that we could have the Crostada for lunch. I came up to the house earlier than the rest of the group to finish up the cooking. It was an amazing lunch! Even the cold leftovers were dee-lish.

I decided to give it a try one more time for dinner tonight. I prepped the dough last night and let it sit in the refrigerator overnight:


When I got home from work today, I sauteed the swiss chard, leeks and other ingredients:


Then I combined the ingredients with the ricotta, parmesan cheese, eggs and a pinch of cayenne and put it onto the rolled out dough:


Bake for 45 minutes and enjoy! Comes out golden brown with a perfect crust:

All credit goes to Anne Burrell. For the recipe, click here.

1 comment: